Lindsay has been working hard recently and it has been noticed by her coaches, so choosing her for March’s Nika of the Month was not a difficult task. Congrats, Bambi! Read on to learn more about Lindsay.
- How did you hear about Nika? My friend, Kelly Lennon
- What made you come in for a No Sweat Intro for the first time? I was working out regularly and running occasionally, but I was bored and wasn’t seeing progress. I felt like I wanted to try something new. Kelly encouraged me to try CrossFit at NIKA and promised I would love it (she was right!)
- Did you feel nervous or intimated after your No Sweat Intro? I was intimidated to come to the gym my first time, but left feeling excited and motivated.
- Favorite WOD or Movement? Back squats are my favorite. Also, Barbell Bettys is something I look forward to every time it comes around
- Tell me about a friend or friends you have made at NIKA. I have made so many genuine friends. I’m usually pretty shy but it’s almost impossible not to make friends at NIKA.
- Greatest accomplishment so far? Honestly, my biggest accomplishment has been wearing shorts to the gym. Body image has always been a struggle for me and I’m trying hard not be so self-conscious. Also, my recent 245# deadlift!!
- Next goal? Butterfly pull ups is the next big one on a long list of goals
- How has Nika helped with your job, hobby, everyday life? Life can get stressful, coming to NIKA is my stress release. I’ve been encouraged to try new things… Ragnar, jiu jitsu, rock climbing; things I might not have tried otherwise.
- What is your Spirit Animal? Bambi (of course )
- Favorite Song to workout to? Any song by Drake ️
- What advice would you give others who are thinking about signing up for a No Sweat Intro? Do it!! You’ll be hooked like the rest of us!
Keep up the hard work, Bambi, and butterfly pull ups will be yours in no time!