June Nika of the Month goes to Erika! She’s relatively new to Nika but her effort has already been noticed by her coaches! Read on to learn more about Erika.
1. How did you hear about Nika? I found NIKA on social media.
2. What made you come in for a No Sweat Intro for the first time? I was ready to come back to CrossFit after being away for a year due to COVID. I kept watching NIKA on Facebook and Instagram accounts and it seemed like everyone was having fun and seemed like there was sense of community-which I was looking for.
3. Did you feel nervous or intimated after your No Sweat Intro? Just a little nervous because I was out for a year but working with Coach Diane made me feel very comfortable.
4. Favorite WOD or Movement? Deadlifting, I just joined the 200 club🏽. And the partner workouts.
5. Tell me about a friend or friends you have made at NIKA. Wow!! I have made so many friends in my 6:45 am class. Everyone here has welcomed me with open arms. Ginger is always inspiring me and making me laugh-she’s such a bad$&:.
6. Greatest accomplishment so far? Getting back to working out!!
7. Next goal? Doing better with conditioning and nutrition.
8. How has Nika helped with your job, hobby, everyday life? Coming to NIKA is such a joy to come into. The Coaches are so willing to help and encourage you. At 45, working out has helped to clear my head, made me stronger, and the friendships I made here make my workouts so much fun
9. What is your Spirit Animal? Well online it says I’m a wolf but I feel like a bull when I workout
10. Favorite Song to workout to? No favorite music-I like all types of music.
11. What advice would you give others who are thinking about signing up for a No Sweat Intro? The coaches and the community here care about everyone. NIKA is a great place to start your CrossFit journey. Stop thinking about it and make that first step-we will help you!!
You’re doing awesome, Erika, and we are so happy to have you as a Nika!