November’s NIKA of the Month was another easy choice. Liz has been crushing her goals lately and setting new ones! She managed a busy start of a new school year with making time to still show up and put in the work, and she is making healthy habits a family affair by bringing in her kids as well! Read on to learn more about Liz.
- How did you hear about Nika? I asked around and read some reviews. Nika was repeatedly mentioned as the friendliest and most welcoming Crossfit Gym in the area.
- What made you come in for a No Sweat Intro for the first time? I was frustrated with my physical appearance and fitness level. My biggest obstacle, as a single mom, is time… and a friend offered to watch my kids so I could make time for myself again.
- Did you feel nervous or intimated after your No Sweat Intro? Quite the opposite- I was excited and motivated to get started! I was ready to make changes and had a plan to do so.
- Favorite WOD or Movement? My height works against me in so many movements. As such, my favorite is one where height is an advantage- rowing.
- Tell me about a friend or friends you have made at NIKA. I’ve made some great friends, but Stacey stands out. She really helped me have a more positive outlook on life in general. I love that her and Nikki are so inclusive and supportive.
- Greatest accomplishment so far? My greatest accomplishment is meeting my No Sweat Intro goal of dropping a few clothing sizes.
- Next goal? My next goal is to build muscle and definition.
- How has Nika helped with your job, hobby, everyday life? Not only has my physical fitness improved, I’ve also made positive changes in my mental health. Nika challenged me to change my mindset.
- What is your Spirit Animal? My spirit animal is a hippo. Hippos have a quiet (and often surprising) strength. In the water, you only see their face, but there’s a lot under the surface. As an introvert, that’s me.
- Favorite Song to workout to? Any 90s Alternative- the music of my youth.
- What advice would you give others who are thinking about signing up for a No Sweat Intro? There’s no drawbacks to signing up. Taking the first step is often the most challenging. However, Nika truly is a welcoming and supportive environment. Any nerves are washed away once you show up.
Congrats, Liz! And keep showing up to reach your new goals! We’ll help every step of the way!